The Adventure Series for Photography & Wilderness Enthusiasts
The Birthing of the Wildebeests
This is a rare opportunity to witness the beginning of the Great Migration from Tanzania to Kenya, and to experience several unique safaris in one trip. Land arrangements begin on 14 February 2020 and they end on 21 February 2020. Arrivals and departures should be arranged for Kilimanjaro International Airport (Arusha).
The amazing Great Migration of Africa involves the movement of 1.5 million wildebeests from the plains of Southern Serengeti in Tanzania to Kenya. This tremendous force of nature actually begins in the Southern Serengeti in February when the wildebeest give birth to thousands of calves before beginning their migration. It is during this birthing period that large predators like lions, cheetahs and even hyenas will be most active. Click here for more information about the Travelife Tour.
– Drive to Ngorongoro Crater to see the Big 5 animals – Visit Olduvai Gorge to see the excavation site where some of the earliest human fossils were found – Intensive safari with photography activities in the Southern Serengeti
– Intensive safari with photography activities in the Central Serengeti
1) Flight costs are not included although preferential prices will be secured with Ethiopian Airlines
2) Visa fees are not included
3) Passengers are encouraged to secure travel and health insurance
4) Participants are encouraged to arrive at least one day earlier on 13 February, and to remain one day later in Arusha. Accommodations and activities such as coffee plantation visits and crafts shopping can be arranged at additional costs.