Even by Travelife standards, 2014 was a very busy and wonderful year.
It began with Travelife’s successful Rockwell Travel Expo fair, with thousands of visitors and long lines of eager bargain hunters on opening day.
And then I was on an overnight plane several hours later to Johannesburg for two weeks of fun in the sun, including a truly unique sea and plant safari.
Scroll down to read more…
In the course of the year, I flew halfway long distance every month, for a total of 12 trips around the world, and traveled around the region countless times in between.
I’ve lost track of how many times I landed in Tokyo, or in Hong Kong or Doha, for that matter. And I actually visited South Africa, France and Morocco twice this year.
Each trip has been memorable and ever so eventful that I’m hard-pressed to identify favorites.
However, the following are among my favourites:
– A long weekend in Thessaloniki, hanging out at the stylish bars and cafes by the promenade.
– A Sunday morning massage along the beach of South Africa’s Overberg coast
– A hot springs weekend in Hokkaido in the fall and a champagne-filled one at a beautiful chateau in France over the summer
– A gastronomic dinner in Santorini and an equally delicious farewell meal with Travelife Magazine readers and friends in Marrakech just last month
– Climbing up to the amazing monasteries in Meteora, Greece, and exploring the 1,001 kasbahs in the Greater Sahara desert of Morocco.
– Spa holidays all over the world, including in the Czech Republic’s Karlovy Vary (Grand Pupp), South Africa’s Midlands (Fordoun) and Thailand’s Hua Hin (Chiva Som).