M.I.C.E.CON 2014 opens tomorrow in Clark, until June 7, and Travelife Magazine is a proud event partner.
M.I.C.E. stands for Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions, and Exhibitions / Events. It represents specialized sectors of tourism which require higher standards of tourism services and facilities.
First held in 2010, the Philippine M.I.C.E. Conference (MICECON) is the integration of two major Philippine M.I.C.E. Projects :
1) The Philippine Incentive Marketing Conference (Phil-Incentive) organized by the Philippine Convention and Visitors Corporation / Tourism Promotions Board, and Meetings, Incentive Travel, Events / Exhibitions Philippines, Inc. (MITE Philippines)
2) The Philippine Asian MICE Forum organized by the Philippine Association of Convention / Exhibition Organizers and Suppliers (PACEOS).
The Phil-Incentive Conference was an annual educational event for tourism practitioners that showcased extraordinary achievements in incentive marketing.
Its aims were as follows:
1) To professionalize the local incentive travel industry by providing a venue for fresh and innovative approaches to incentive marketing
2) To create awareness and educating corporate and end-users on the value of incentive travel
3) To provide opportunities for incentive travel practitioners to showcase their abilities in creating incentive programs.
Since the PCVC / TPB started the event in 1992, the Phil-Incentive was deemed instrumental in increasing the levels of creativity and professionalism of Host Destinations including:
1) Puerto Azul (1992)
2) Cebu (1993, 2000)
3) Manila (1994, 1998)
4) Davao (1996)
5) Bacolod (1997)
6) Boracay (1999)
7) Tagaytay / Batangas (2008)
The Philippine Asian MICE Forum gathers Meetings, Conventions and Exhibitions industry experts and professionals for presentations and discussions on trends and directions of the regional and global market; examining country-specific MICE industries and tackling the state of local MICE industries in terms of infrastructure, government incentives and compelling value propositions.
MICECON 2010, Subic (4 – 7 Feb) : “Life is M.I.C.E.”
MICECON 2011, Cebu (10 -13 Aug) : “I share. You connect. We change”
MICECON 2013, Davao (6 – 9 Mar) : “iMICE. ignite. innovate. inspire. infuse”
MICECON 2014, Clark (4-7 Jun) : “M.I.C.E. in 4D Driving Passions “
MICECON consolidates and strengthens all sectors involved in the M.I.C.E. industry by providing an ideal platform for a comprehensive educational program and trade opportunity for Philippine M.I.C.E. and tourism practitioners.
MICECON focuses on high level issues on travel and tourism.
They also hold industry specific workshops on Meetings, Conventions, Incentive Travel, Exhibitions, Special Events and M.I.C.E. Marketing.
MICECON is held annually, and is ideally recommended to be held in the month of June (subject to the agreement with the hosting city) taking into consideration the schedule of international M.I.C.E. fairs.
• Pre-Conference Activity
A special activity prepared by the Host City that best presents their destination; the said activity may focus on being a CSR project that would create an impact in both the lives of the delegates and the invited beneficiaries.
• M.I.C.E. Conference (two days)
The Conference is the educational component of the MICECON which features plenary sessions on major topics affecting the M.I.C.E. and tourism industry; as well as industry specific topics on convention and association management, incentive travel, exhibition and events management, and events marketing.
• M.I.C.E Marketplace (for the duration of the conference)
The M.I.C.E. Marketplace is the exhibit component of MICECON where M.I.C.E. facilities (hotels and resorts, convention centers, souvenir centers, etc.) and suppliers as well as Philippine destinations can showcase their products and services.
• M.I.C.E. Mart (one day)
The M.I.C.E. Mart was a new feature introduced during MICECON 2011 in Cebu. It is a whole day activity featuring one-on-one business sessions between invited foreign and local M.I.C.E. Buyers and local Suppliers of M.I.C.E. products and services.
• Dream Trip
A visual, gastronomical and experiential tour for hosted buyers to selected
M.I.C.E. destinations in the Philippines
• Association/Corporate Executives
• Convention and Exhibition Venues
• Convention/Exhibition/Event Organizers
• Convention and Visitors Bureaus
• Destination Management Companies, Hotels and Resorts
• Incentive Tour Operators and Suppliers
• Meeting/Event Planners
• M.I.C.E. Students and the Academe
• National, Provincial and Municipal Tourism Offices
• Sea and Land Transport Operators
• Travel Agencies/Tour Operators
The M.I.C.E. Conference is conducted over a 4-day period.