Just last January, a major international travel magazine hailed the Hotel Metropole Hanoi as one of just two properties in Vietnam on its coveted Gold List, and readers of another major international travel magazine unequivocally celebrated the property as the finest hotel in Hanoi, a position it’s held annually now since 2008.
OF OLD & NEW
Lauded for its “colonial elegance [that] richly blends French and Vietnamese style,” and for its “spacious and richly appointed” rooms and suites, the Hotel Metropole Hanoi has embarked on its 115th anniversary with no small measure of irony.
Scroll down to read more...
HOTEL WITH A HISTORY.
INCLUDING CHARLIE CHAPLIN'S HONEYMOON
AND GRAHAM GREENE'S STAY.
“You can’t get around the fact that the Hotel Metropole Hanoi’s old world appeal is a major part of the attraction,” said Franck Lafourcade, the hotel’s general manager.
He added: “But when guests ask me to talk about the heydey of this hotel, I’m not talking about the 1920s when Somerset Maugham was a guest, or the 1930s when Charlie Chaplin honeymooned here with Paulette Goddard, or the 1950s when Graham Greene was here working on The Quiet American, I’m talking about today.”
Scroll down to read more about the Hotel Metropole Hanoi...
1) CNN called Le Spa one of the most relaxing spas in Asia (2010)
2) Travel + Leisure identified the Hotel Metropole Hanoi as one of the the top three city hotels in Asia (2011)
3) The Daily Meal said that Le Beaulieu was one of the top 101 hotel restaurants in the world (2012).
4) In 2013, Robb Report called the Hotel Metropole Hanoi one of the of top 100 hotels in the world.
5) Business Traveller Asia-Pacific ranked the Hotel Metropole Hanoi as No. 1 in Hanoi for its readers.