View from Victoria Peak
Last December in Hong Kong, we went up Victoria Peak just because we haven't been to the Peak in something like twenty years. What an enjoyable day that was, especially as the weather was fine and so we got a most amazing view of Hong Kong and Kowloon. And the even more amazing views were inside Madame Tussauds wax museum, which is located in the Peak terminal itself, as we got up close and personal with celebrities and famous figures from history.
Queen Elizabeth II
Again, we've been there and done that. But it was so enjoyable to see our "friends" again. It's also interesting that each Madame Tussauds is different as a portion of the exhibits are localized. So in Hong Kong we had Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeow, Louis Koo and a host of other local personalities.
Mao Tse Tung
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is a unique celebrity-inspired attraction that connects guests with famous people, famous events and famous times. Featuring six themed areas, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong provides guests with the opportunity to meet their idols and do the things that famous people do.
The museum features over 100 local and international celebrity wax figures with exciting audiovisual effects and interactive experiences to create truly magical moments for all guests. Originally opened in August 2000, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is the first permanent Madame Tussauds in Asia and is one of twelve Madame Tussauds that are located in London, New York, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Washington D.C., Berlin, Hollywood, Bangkok, Vienna and Blackpool.
At Madame Tussauds Hong Kong, I especially liked the wax figures of Tiger Woods, Madonna, Audrey Hepburn, Queen Elizabeth II, the Beatles, Lady Gaga and President Obama.
In this special moment of the year, the season of love and romance, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is offering visitors a Valentine’s Day promotion for couples. From February 10– 14, 2012, couples can enjoy 50% off for one (1) single ticket* with just three simple steps:
WHAT TO DO:
1) Take a picture of yourself and your loved one with Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt in front of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong.
2) Check in at “Madame Tussauds Hong Kong” , and upload the photo with the message “Happy Valentine’s Day at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong” on Facebook
3) Show our admission staff your check-in post.
Have lunch with Travelife Magazine on Friday, Feb 17
at UMU Japanese Restaurant of the Dusit Thani Manila.
or call Travelife Magazine during office hours (8138400/ 8922620)
to reserve a seat at lunch.
Terms and conditions of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
1) The discount offer is applicable for regular-priced same day admission tickets purchase only. Offer is not applicable for combo packages, group tickets and online advanced tickets.
2) Limit of one discount offer per couple applies.
3) Each admission ticket is good for one entry only.
4) Tickets are not refundable, transferable and re-sellable. Tickets will become void if tampered with or altered.
5) The discount offer cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
6) Madame Tussauds Hong Kong reserves the right to alter or terminate this promotion without prior notice.
7) Madame Tussauds Hong Kong reserves the right to make the final decision in case of any disputes.
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
Open from 10am to 10pm daily
* * *
JOINING HANDS FOR JAPAN
To commemorate the resilience of the Japanese people
one year after the Great Earthquake,
and to celebrate the beauty of Japanese culture.
DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING CULTURAL EVENT
ON SALE EVERYWHERE NOW
TRAVELIFE MAGAZINE on Facebook